Blind Week 2011:
- Blind Week runs from Tuesday 25 October until Monday 31 October this year.
- The funds raised will enable the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (RNZFB) to continue providing essential blindness services to its members.
- Only one-third of their operating budget comes from government sources, so public support is vital.
- To find out how to get involved in fundraising for Blind Week call 0800 120 BLIND or visit blindweek.org.nz. To make a donation please call 0800 DONATE.
- This year the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind are launching a nationwide fundraising event called “Bake a Difference for Blind Week” in which they are asking New Zealanders to organise their own baking-based fundraisers for Blind Week.
- Why? Baking is a classic fundraiser that has proved time and again to be successful.
- They want as many people as possible to Bake a Difference by baking delicious goodies and offering these to others for a donation.
- You could bake for friends and family, a community group, club, or coffee group you attend, or perhaps for your workplace, church or school.
- For more information or to register visit blindweek.org.nz or call 0800 120 BLIND.
Some info about RNZFB:
- The RNZFB is New Zealand’s main provider of sight loss services to blind and partially sighted people.
- They have more than 11,500 blind and partially sighted members nationwide.
- Each year nearly 1,100 New Zealanders who have become blind or experienced serious sight loss register as RNZFB members.
- They equip their members with the adaptive skills, technology and resources they need to overcome the barriers they face to participating fully in society and leading independent lives.