With less than two weeks to go until my baby should arrive I’ve had a craving for cinnamon so I whipped up a batch of Cinnamon Scrolls, nice and easy when you have a bread maker! I hunted around on the net for a recipe and just adjusted things to make my own.
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
2 ¼ cups plain flour
1 ½ tablespoons butter, softened
1 ¼ teaspoons yeast
3 Tbsp melted butter
¼ cup brown sugar (or slightly more to taste)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon white sugar
1. Place all the dry ingredients in the bread maker first and wet ingredients on top and set the machine to dough. Allow it to mix and then rise for 30 mins in the machine.
2. Lightly dust a clean smooth surface with plain flour and roll out the dough, once rolled out dough should measure roughly about 35cm x 20cm, try to keep the dough as rectangular in shape as possible.
3. Brush the dough with melted butter and dust with cinnamon and sugars.
4. Roll the dough, starting from the bottom.
5. Once the dough has been rolled it should be cut into four and then four again.
6. Pieces (with smallest pieces in the middle) should be put into a pyrex dish which had been brushed with melted butter. If you have any melted butter left you can brush it over the scrolls lightly for a nice glossy finish.
7. Cover the pyrex dish with a clean tea towel and place somewhere warm (like the hot water cupboard) and allow the dough to rise for 30 mins.
8. Place in the oven at 180c for 20-30 mins (depending on your oven).
9. Remove from the dish, pulling apart scrolls and place on a cooling tray.
10. Scrolls can be served as is or if you choose you can drizzle some runny vanilla icing over them.
Enjoy! I did :-)